Welcome to our Getting Citizens Online Training page
I am a tutor with Irish Rural Link and due to Covid-19 our training is now moving online. So from the comfort of your own home you can now update your computer and internet skills for free.
The course is funded by Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications and the following is an excerpt from the gov.ie website
The government’s Digital Skills for Citizens Scheme focuses on providing people who are not online with the opportunity to gain the basic skills and confidence to start their digital journey.
The scheme provides ten hours of free classroom training in every county. Yes this course is FREE and you do it from the comfort of your own home
You can sign up from any county to be part of this course.
If you have broadband, a device like a phone, tablet or preferably a laptop or computer why not sign up for this course and update your knowledge of the internet and getting online.
I will provide support from the very start and our motto is ” there is no such thing as a silly question, so the more questions the better please”
• The first point of contact will be a phone call which will be made by their tutor.
• The following will be discussed – computer experience, device which the participant will be using when availing of the training
• A short questionnaire with five questions.
• The training will consist of 10 hours training over 5 weeks two hours per week over 5 weeks on a day that suits, (times to follow)
• Training will be delivered through Zoom nationally to groups of 6-8 people.
• As the Training will be delivered through Zoom, we will walk you through the setup, its quick and easier than you think.
• Each participant will receive details before online training commences as a guide to the online training.
• All Getting Citizens guidelines will also be discussed with participants
We all need the online skills now so click here to contact me.
No time like the present.!!
We are also adding the very popular Agri course for the Farming Community which is The Herd registration for Herd Keepers using the AIMs.
Please note the following action are also required:
• Consents – Prior to commencing training, all participants are required to provide Irish Rural Link Cooperative Society Ltd with the following consents/confirmation required by the Department as set out in 2.1 of the attached agreement:
v. Trainees confirm that they have not previously received training under the Digital Skills for citizen Scheme
vi. Trainees must consent to be contacted by the Department by email or phone regarding their participation in the course
vii. Trainees must agree to complete the DECC online survey at the end of training.
• Online survey – The Department is providing Irish Rural Link Cooperative Society Ltd with a unique link to a modified online survey.
This survey is mobile friendly and must be completed by the trainee at the end of their remote training .